Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Different Projects...

I noticed a short jump in visits to this blog overnight, and thought it was about time to update again.  I don't really feel like I have much to say, but I may surprise myself.  I haven't done much writing this week because I've been sick, and sleeping a lot.  I did churn out a poem Saturday night that I've been struggling to write for a week, but I don't feel like sharing it here for now.  I think it's a piece of crap despite having good comments about it over at 21st Century Poets, but I might just feel that way because I still felt like a steaming pile of poo when I was writing it.  And some people just thought I was having trouble writing it because of writer's block.  I did get blocked temporarily, but it wasn't the entire reason as you now know.  I did type the poem into Microsoft Word, but I separated it from my poetry book file because I wasn't sure at the time if I wanted to include it also.  I'm still not 100% decided on if I'm going to include it, or not.

I've also been contemplating getting away from my poetry writing for a bit, and work some more on one of my other books.  I've been having more ideas churning in my head for "The Shepherdess Princess," and "Magic In Their Blood" at different times throughout my day.  I write them down as I think them, but I haven't sat down at my computer and actually pounded them out into anything feasible or coherent.

I also have a side project I've been working on.  I set up a new account at Ancestry.com, and have been happily compiling my family tree.  So far I've had better luck on my mom's side of the family with finding people.  I've got to my great-great grandparents on her side of the family, and up to my great grandfather on my dad's side.  I got stuck on my dad's dad for reasons only known to my family, and won't be discussed on here.  I just hope I could overcome the hurdle eventually, and have a breakthrough where my grandpa's concerned.  My grandma's mom, my dad's mom, has proven a little difficult to find as well because my family was never 100% sure what her married name was, or how it was spelled.  All I know for certain is I was named after her, and it could be the main reason why I have such a hard time finding her name in the Dawes Rolls for the Cherokee Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment