After a month of not being able to write a single word in my book, I've been able to make some progress tonight. I was more stuck than anything because I wasn't sure where to add my new material into the existing story line. That's all sorted out now, and the story is beginning to flow again. I did end up deleting seven more pages from my manuscript that no longer fit, or was repetitive.
It seems like I made little progress, but I added seven pages of text by cutting and pasting my new document into the existing file for "The Shepherdess Princess." I had a total of 42 pages when I did that, and now I have 35 pages in all so far. I also updated my table of contents, fixed some punctuation and spelling, completely rewrote chapter two, and proofread chapter one to make sure everything was okay there.
National Novel Writing Month officially starts at Midnight tomorrow for some people, but I haven't decided yet if I want to participate again this year. Even though I have a jump start with almost 9,000 words of the 50,000 I would need for the month. It's hard for me to keep up with the daily word count of 1,667 words sometimes and I fall behind rather quickly. There are some days I don't feel like writing at all, or I can't think of where to go next in the story no matter if I have an outline handy or not. I may just sign in with my existing account tonight, and go from there.
Happy Halloween to all the ghoulies and ghosties out there!