Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Who Do You Write Like?

A friend I'm following on Wordpress came across this page at a friend of her's blog where someone can find out Who I Write Like by analyzing any text they've written in a novel of their choice.  I chose to go poem by poem through "The Trifecta: A Collection of Poetry" to see how I stack up.


Here are my results:


Dan Brown-5
H. P. Lovecraft-4
James Joyce & Stephen King-3
Charles Dickens-2
Raymond Chandler, Vladimir Nabokov, Cory Doctorow, Margaret Atwood, David Foster Wallace, Neil Gaiman, Mary Shelley, L. Frank Baum, & Anne Rice-1


According to the number of poems for each author, Dan Brown is who I write like the most.  I got a kick out of that result, and chuckled when the last poem I pasted into the analyzer came out Anne Rice.  The Anne Rice result poem is titled "An Angel's Promise."  It had nothing to do with vampires at all.  (Yes, I know she wrote more than just The Vampire Chronicles.)  I was also a little surprised I would be paired up with Stephen King and Neil Gaiman at all because I think they write better than I do.

Anyway, click here if you want to take the same "test."  Feel free to post your results in the comments if you'd like.


No comments:

Post a Comment