Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Sense of Accomplishment...

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders today, and am rather content right now.  After three weeks of not being able to write a single word in my novel, Monday night I once again heard a familiar urging in my head from my characters telling me to "Get on with it if I want any sleep."  I was more than happy to oblige them this time because I was leaving teeth marks on my pencil, and about ready to chomp down on my computer if I hadn't started hearing them in my head soon.  I only got four hours sleep because of it, but I was about ready to start crawling up the wall if inspiration didn't hit soon.  It was getting to the point where I was starting to think I might need a visit from the nice men in the white lab coats.  They don't need to be called to haul me away now.  :)  Yay!

Two hours after the urging, I completed the fight scene that has left me in a state of apprehension for the month of July.  Once I was able to start writing it out in a spiral notebook, the words started to flow through me into my pen and bled out onto the pages once more.  As I took the time yesterday afternoon to add what I had handwritten into my manuscript on my computer, I found myself revising a few bits here and there as I went along and expanding the scene just a tad in other spots.  I now have 80 pages total typed up in my novel, and I feel like I can finally move on into the second half of "The Shepherdess Princess" fairly easily from here.  I'm excited to see what lies ahead for them as well.

Today I hope to take some more time to write some more in the novel, and possibly try to write a new poem for the weekly picture prompt at 21st Century Poets before this week's competition ends on Thursday.  I'll share any new developments here along with the new poem.  I may just be feeling a little ambitious right now.

Happy writing to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment