I've been antsy a little today too because I find out sometime before August 1st if I'm a finalist for the Ruth Lilly Poetry Fellowship. I was talking to a friend the other day about what we would both do if we both got chosen for $15,000.
- We both said we'd take a trip to NOLA (New Orleans) for inspiration. We decided she could have the cemetery, and I'd take the French Quarter.
- I'd buy several copies of my published books to distribute to the local bookstores.
- Buy a new laptop, stock up on printer ink, and upgrade my Microsoft Word program.
- Have a book signing/poetry reading somewhere in the community, and
- Rent a cabin in the woods for a week for a writer's retreat with any author friends that might want to tag along. :)
I just got a letter in the mail today from World Poetry Movement telling me they want to publish one of my poems in a new volume of "Stars in Our Hearts." I made it to the semi-finalist round again, and should be automatically added as a finalist. The last time they told me that the semi-finals was as far as I got, so I'm not getting my hopes up this time.
I can't believe within a week my blog has gone up 100 more views. On July 2nd, I was marking the blog having 1500 views on my Facebook page and I come online this morning to see that I am now at 1600 and still going! Do people really enjoy reading my ramblings, or do I have a captive audience out there? :) Either way, keep on reading and enjoy your day!