Sunday, June 12, 2011

Test Copy Arrived!

My test copy for Second Thoughts: A Collection of Poetry arrived via UPS Friday around 3 pm. By 3 pm Saturday, I had all 199 pages read and edited in spots. After I finish this post, I was going to make the necessary changes to my manuscript and resubmit it to Lulu. I'll have to buy another copy to make sure it looks okay before finally approving the book. I hope to order another copy sometime this week if my finances allow it.

On another note:

I went to my friend's remembrance type ceremony yesterday. A bunch of family and friends gathered for a bonfire in her honor at one of her favorite spots, and took turns spreading some of her ashes. It was a nice gathering, and people seemed to have a little fun despite the reason we were there. We could all feel my friend there in spirit with us. It turned out to be a beautiful day for it followed by a beautiful sunset.

I bought a copy of the local paper today that has her obituary in it. I'll be cutting that out sometime this week, and getting a frame for it to put it up on a memorial wall I've created in my apartment since my dad passed away 1 and 1/2 years ago. I added one of my neighbor's to the wall when she died in April 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment