Thursday, May 26, 2011

Story in progress

I've been working on another short story to add to "Leaving a Legacy of Love," but I have to finish it. There's so much to think about when it comes to writing about the experience.

Update-

This update, sadly, has very little to do with my work in progress. Some of my friends and family know why. One of my friends passed away last Friday, unexpectedly, at 31-years-old at a mutual friend's apartment. Needless to say, it made me start thinking my whole world could be gone in the blink of an eye. My friend who died turned 31 at the beginning of this year, and I'll be turning 31 in October, which struck me pretty hard. She wasn't much older than me.

Her family lived farther away from where she ended up living, so her friends became a second family to her. One of the memories I keep replaying in my head was from one of the last times I helped her out at my old workplace. Before she left for the day, she told me I was like a sister to her. I also think about how happy she was to find the love of her life, and to start saving up the money to plan her wedding. Now, that special event will never happen. Instead of the wedding we were all expecting, a funeral has been put in its place.

I called my mom, and woke her up as soon as I found out the news about my friend. I didn't care that it was one in the morning. My mom immediately asked me, "What's wrong?" when she answered the phone because she knew I'd never call her that late unless it was an emergency. I immediately start bawling my eyes out, and tell her what happened. I was still in shock when I called her, but she was more worried about me because I was so distraught over the phone. I spent most of the weekend afterwards either in a zombiefied state, forcing myself to get things done like going grocery shopping, or crying myself to sleep. The weekend went by like a blur, and I was in an emotional haze the whole time. Even now, the water works are trying to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment