Friday, May 13, 2011

"Chicken Soup for the Soul: Find Your Happiness"

Since Blogger has been down for maintenance, I feel like I'm finally getting a chance to share new developments with my readers finally. I actually ended up sending in my new story for "Chicken Soup for the Soul" on May 9th, three days before the deadline. Here is the story I submitted to share with you:

Truly “Chicken Soup for the Soul”

This year, I started submitting stories to “Chicken Soup for the Soul” because I’ve always enjoyed the books as a reader, and felt a bit of jealousy because I wanted to be included very badly as an author. At first, I didn’t think I had anything worth sharing, but then I came across a “Chicken Soup” book that made me relive some of my own life experiences through other people’s stories. That got the wheels turning to start thinking if I’d be any good at it. Then, a friend of mine submitted one of her own stories, was accepted and asked to submit more in future books, and that gave me the push I needed to find out how to do it, too. I already have a couple books under my belt that have been self-published, one which I co-wrote with a friend, and have had mixed reviews about but mostly good.

When I came across a book topic on the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” website called “Devotional Stories for Tough Times” I knew I just had to try, and submitted one of many stories I had to choose from. I had recently lost my father after a battle with prostate cancer, and have come to rely on my Heavenly Father to fill the void. My only problem that I had was to cut the story down to the required word length. That started me on a road I am now revisiting: finding my happiness.

There was an unexplainable joy that filled me when I was typing and submitting that story, which I titled “An Answer to Prayer.” It brought back a special memory I’ll always cherish, and one I’ll be grateful to God for giving me. I am my happiest whenever I am writing, especially when I’m writing about my faith. I thank everyone behind “Chicken Soup for the Soul” for giving me the opportunity to share my stories, love on my God more, and find my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment