Sunday, May 1, 2011

Backing Away...

I've finished my second poetry book, Second Thoughts, with this newest addition:

The Confession (2)

What if a life lesson
was learned through a false confession?
One character found out the hard way
what could all change in one day.

One guilty man is dying free
while an innocent man is waiting to see
if his final hours are truly his last,
or will death row be a thing of the past?

John Grisham pulled me in once more,
and eventually settled the score.
What was he thinking
when he was bringing
the characters to life?
Why did an innocent man suffer such a cruel end to his life?

Now, it's happening in real life,
but will the outcome truly suffice?
Will a life be spared,
or will a similar fate be shared?

With that, I'm backing away from writing poetry for a bit. I have other writing projects that have been on the back burner I'm wanting to work on some more. The next story submission for "Chicken Soup for the Soul's" newest book is May 15th, so I'll be working on that for the next couple weeks. After that, who knows?

I'm not sure when I'll publish "Second Thoughts," but I'll keep you posted on when and through which publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment