Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Chicken Soup for the Soul" Update, and One New Poem

After almost a full month of nothing, the creative juices are slowly trickling again. Before I went to bed last night, I grabbed my notebook and pen and wrote a new poem for the first time all month long. Here it is:

John Grisham

From lawyer to author to sometimes lawyer again,
John Grisham is treated like a long-lost friend
when a new book is opened
that I don't want to end.

I impatiently wait for another to come,
and my world brightens some
when an email is sent
about the upcoming event.
Then I countdown the days
I can pre-order the newest book on the way.

John Grisham is a common name
uttered in my home some days.
Do I pay the rent,
or wait for the next book to be sent?
I'm glad I don't have to choose
between the two because the bills won't lose.

I just wait for the day
I can splurge on a copy,
but sometimes I'm library bound
when a new Grisham book comes around.


"Chicken Soup for the Soul" Update

I looked at the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" website a while back, and found out the book I submitted a story to will be published in October 2011. I haven't heard from them yet if my story's been chosen, but that would make an excellent birthday present~my birthday is in October.

I still haven't started another story for submission, but I will very soon. The deadline is coming up pretty soon for the other "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book I want to try to get into. I think it's due in June, but I have to double-check the site to be certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment