Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Accomplishments....

Due to a deal for a limited time at Lulu, I was able to purchase a test copy of my book right away. I used a promotional code to get a free copy of Second Thoughts, and only had to pay for shipping and handling. The deal runs from June 14th-July 31st, 2011, and is an incentive for authors to finish up and publish a manuscript they've been working on for whatever amount of time. I chose the cheapest shipping due to my finances, so it would take 5-15 days to get to me. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later.

I was also able to fix my manuscript the way I wanted it, and previewed what it would look like after I uploaded it to Lulu. It turns out the alignment I needed to fix was a problem in the file conversion when I uploaded the manuscript. Everything's the way I want it, the book cover included, so I should be able to approve it for sale as soon as I receive the book in the mail.

I already have people chomping at the bit to buy a copy for me to autograph! They'll just have to wait a little bit longer!

I also need to print a retraction regarding the post-it note feature of Windows 7. It will save the note if you tell it to. When you go to close the note, a dialog box pops up asking you if you want to delete the note entirely. If you say no, it keeps the note the way it is and pops it back up whenever you open the program again. That's just something new I learned, and tested out for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment