Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Writing Update, and Free Webinar Info...

I didn't get my Oregon Arts Commission application submitted in time, so I'll have to wait until 2014 to try for it again because they alternate yearly the areas they are accepting applications for.

Free Webinar for Authors:

I took the time to register for a free webinar on October 30th that gives authors advice on how to turn their book into a movie.  I jumped at it when I saw the words "Self-published welcome!" in the Facebook Ad because self-publishing has been the only way so far that I have been able to get my books out into the world.  Here's the link in case anyone else wants to register also: http://booktoscreenaccess.com/webinarregistrationvoyage.  The times to choose from are 10 AM, Noon, and 6 PM your time.  I chose noon because that is when my brain functions the best.

OOPS!

I just re-submitted my registration for the later time at 6 PM because I realized after registering for the Noon slot that it's on Tuesday which means I won't be home at that time.

On Writing:

I finally buckled down long enough last weekend to get my final short story edited, but it still feels incomplete in a way.  I have an idea to expand it a little bit more, but I'm trying to decide right now if what I want to elaborate on might be another story in itself.  It would kind of be Part Two on the edited story if I separated them because they are both interrelated.

I also got to work a little bit more on "The Shepherdess Princess," but didn't get as far as I planned added to it because I came across a couple more items to research in order to make the story historically accurate.  When I couldn't find anything specific on the subject I was researching, I turned to the movie "Braveheart" because it's set around the same time frame as my story.  I didn't watch the whole movie all the way through, but fast forwarded through anything that wasn't relevant to what I wanted.  I did take notes on four scenes that had some relevance, though.

I also found another topic to research before I could move along in my story, so I've been mulling that over since I noted the information.  I even bookmarked the page I found the information on to look back on it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment