Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Finally, a Blog Update...

It's been a long time since I updated my readers on this blog because I've had no news to share.  I'm still searching for a literary agent for my book.  I'm still waiting to hear back from several of them that I contacted three months ago.
I was able to bulk up my manuscript for "The Shepherdess Princess" some since I started contacting possible agents.  I'm hoping the new pages, which is very close to the publishing standards for a novel, will help me get an agent very soon.  I noted the changes to the last ten query letters I sent out three months ago, and have yet to hear back from four of the ten agents.
Over the last couple weeks, my priorities have shifted.  I am helping an owner of a local thrift store, and a friend of the family for several years, get a grant so she could open up a homeless shelter in my hometown.  She already has a possible location for the shelter, the neighbors are excited at the prospect of having it there, and she's going to use part of the space to expand her business.  She gets so many item donations from people she knows that she has had to turn back some donations in the past, so she has the inventory already for the expansion.  I should have the grant application sent off this week for her.
She is going to be compensating me for the work I've been doing, but we haven't discussed how much she is going to pay me for it.  I offered to volunteer my services since she doesn't make a lot of money because she gives so much back to the community, but she wouldn't hear of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment