Monday, May 16, 2016

A New Update! (Finally!)

I can't believe the last time I posted a blog entry was last November.  I'm still searching for a literary agent.  I've contacted 30 agents total so far, and have had no takers.  I still have about 20 more to contact on a list I compiled when I began the search.  All of the agents I have heard back from think the novel is good, but it's not what they are interested in themselves.  They do encourage me to keep searching because they know someone else might love it enough to represent it.  A few of them have even said they wouldn't mind seeing it on the shelf of a bookstore someday, but, again, they had too many clients already and weren't taking any new authors at the moment.


I have been doing some editing to The Shepherdess Princess because it is still a little shorter than the publishing companies recommend.  I was planning to add more to my manuscript file on Microsoft Word today, but I forgot my notebook at home so I will have to wait to do that later.


I haven't written anything new in months.  I don't think it's writers block.  I've been sick twice with the flu, and twice with a really bad head cold over the last couples months.  Then, I had allergies to complicate matters.  The important thing is I'm feeling well enough to pick up a pen again, and I hope to work on one of my writing projects this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment