Monday, June 30, 2014

More Stuff That's Driving Me Up The Wall...



I mentioned the sequels to The Shepherdess Princess that I have planned in my cover letter to the publisher, so they would know that I plan to turn the one book into a series of four novels.  I assume that they would want me to churn out the sequels right away if they accept my novel for publication.  I know I’m counting my chickens before they hatch, but I find myself thinking about it just the same because it could be a possibility in the future.

I also wonder if I’m being biased because I think my novel is going to be one of those “hard to put down” scenarios for any future readers, and the story line is better than some of the smut that’s mass produced already.

I have my insecure moments to where I end up asking my brother questions like “Do you really think it is good enough for publication?  Do you think they will like it?” because he was my beta reader to which he replies, “They would be crazy not to like it.  I know I couldn’t put it down.  I read the whole thing from start to finish in a couple of hours.”

My Problem Lately Though…

My problem lately though is that I’m steadily losing some steam as I try to write the sequel.  I’m not necessarily having writer’s block, but I get ideas for other novels I have on the back burner at the moment.  I’ve been getting the urge to work on those novels instead, but I’ve been holding myself back so far.

There is a life experience to add to my autobiography manuscript I’ve had on my mind to write about that has newspaper clippings to coincide with the story.  I may start working on that soon by looking up the old clippings from the newspaper.  One of the libraries a town over from where I live has the microfilm I could use to look up the articles I want, and get copies made.  I just need to woman up, get on the bus, and go there.  Before I do that, I’m going to see if I could find any of the old articles online by using a search engine first.

My autobiography isn’t the only book I’ve wanted to work on either.  There is another romance novel I have an outline for that is totally unrelated to my Shepherdess series that has been making its presence known to me.  It’s very frustrating because my instinct tells me to work on whatever it is that I have inspiration striking at, but I get a headache when I think about what the publisher might prefer that I work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment