Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Think I've Conquered my Writer's Block...

I guess my friend's contest was the jolt I needed to get out of my writer's block completely because after I shared the poem I wrote for the contest, I spent a sleepless night writing two more poems.  Here they are:


“Help me save her,” he pled
As multiple ideas flew around in my head.
I would love nothing more
To do what he asks, but for
Severals months I have been blocked
When it comes to them, and time ticks by on the clock
With his latest plea
Echoing inside of me.

I want to do what he asks,
But it seems like an insurmountable task.
My characters want me to finish what I began
Several years ago, and plan
To find a publisher for.
Teasers have left my fans wanting more.

I don’t like leaving a book unread,
So I’ll have to find time instead
To pluck the ideas from my head
For The Shepherdess Princess to be finished.  Enough said!


I miss them, too,
And I feel blue
When I think of them
Waiting to be written.

I may not know them yet,
But I still get upset
When I think of all the possibilities
Awaiting my discovery.

I’m searching for words
Among voices unheard.
I will have to pay close attention
To release the friction.

I know it can be done,
And my challenge will be won.
Until the time comes, I have to rely
On my talent and the Big Man in the sky.

I now have a total of 45 pages in my poetry book- The Trifecta: A Collection of Poetry.

But that's not all...

I also spent part of the last couple nights working on The Shepherdess Princess some more.  I still have to figure out how I'm going to bridge a gap I have, but I'm going to start working on that tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon.  I did edit some of the story leading up to that spot, though.  Some sections seemed a little wordy, and some parts I wanted to change a descriptor.  I also broke out my French-English dictionary to change some of the dialog.  Don't worry!  I'm only using French words that everybody might know like oui for yes, monsieur for mister, mon princesse for my princess, and mon Dieu for my God.

I also wrote down part of a scene that's going to be near the end of the novel.  I'm going to be finishing that scene this weekend as well.  I had to leave it unfinished last night because I was tired, but it was also getting me a little bit hot and bothered while writing it.  *nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more*  ;) :)  I'll probably have to take a cold shower when I finish writing the scene anyway.  :D  If I had finished it before coming online tonight, I was thinking about sharing it as a new teaser.  That's only if I wouldn't get a reprimand from Google for having it on my blog.  :)  I do want to share a new teaser sometime, but that scene probably won't be it, so my fans will have to buy the book when it's finished to see that.

I have 83 pages total in The Shepherdess Princess so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment