Sunday, May 6, 2012

What a Week It's Been...

Not a lot has been going on this week on the writing front.  I have read a few books, and started another book today that I checked out from the library yesterday.  The books I finished reading are "Scrambled Egg: Poems and Other Confessions" by Sara Megan Kay, and "Theodore Boone: The Abduction" by John Grisham.  I reviewed "Scrambled Egg: Poems and Other Confessions" for my friend, and my review is added to the back of her new book coming out possibly on May 26th called "Ghosts of the Field (and other stories)."  "Ghosts of the Field" is a collection of short stories she wrote in her younger years that she edited and updated to compile in this book.

The book I started reading today is called "Inkheart" by Cornelia Funke.  It's the first book in a trilogy.  The library had the second book "Inkspell" and the conclusion "Inkdeath" that I will be checking out later.  "Inkheart" is a book that was turned into a movie with Brendan Fraser in it.  It's been one of my favorite movies to watch lately, and I've been left wondering how accurate the movie is compared to the book.  I've found one difference so far since starting the book that was different from the movie.  In the movie, one of the characters was introduced in a different area than he was in the book.

I did some house cleaning this week along with my brother because we had our annual inspection on May 4th.  We passed it, so the government will continue paying our rent for another year.

I had a fun time with my mom and sister-in-law yesterday as we watched the annual Loyalty Days Parade from in front of one of the local stores.  Usually it rains on the parade, but the sun actually graced the locals with its presence for a change this year.  It was nice seeing my friend KT riding along in the golf cart for the Hot Dog Brigade (a group of dachshund owners) along with the local high school marching band and community college.  The Al Kader Shriners group had their little cars again this year.  One was a tow truck-type towing another car, but he ended up needing a tow as well when his vehicle died by the judging booth.  I felt bad for him, but I chuckled at the irony.

Now, I'm thinking about catching up on some writing I missed out on while my week was jammed with other priorities.  I'm not sure how much progress I'll make, but I'd be happy with any at all right now.

1 comment: