Friday, September 16, 2011

Goodreads Author Program

Goodreads is a website I joined in June to share what books I'm currently reading, and it also lets you list books you've already read or want to read later using a virtual bookshelf.  According to the Goodreads link I shared on my Facebook page: "See what your friends are reading. Keep track of what you've read and organize your books into virtual bookshelves. Join a book club to discuss your favorite books. A better way to find good books to read!"  With some of the books I was looking up, I noticed next to the authors name was added Goodreads Author in parenthesis.  That eventually led me back to the homepage where I found a link that told about the program with instructions to encourage any authors on the site: "The Goodreads Author Program is a completely free feature designed to help authors reach their target audience — passionate readers. This is the perfect place for new and established authors to promote their books."


So anyway, that's what I've been busy doing over the past few days.  I like that Goodreads has a place on my author's page to add any upcoming events, and let my loyal readers know when a book is coming out, or when I'm going to be doing a signing.  Follow me there, and keep up to date.  My author's page also has links to all my books Facebook pages.  I'll be working on adding links to my bookstore there, too, so people can order the book if they want to have their own copy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment