Thursday, March 17, 2011

Writing Immersion

I was able to be the stereotypical poet in Starbucks with my notebook, pen, and coffee with my partner in crime on Tuesday. The time spent produced a poem, but I'm not sure I'm truly finished with it just yet. I'll post it as soon as I think it's done. Life has been getting in the way of things!

I've had quite a day with getting up in time to rush as I dressed while my ride was waiting to take me to my mom's to play bingo. A five minute break during the game turned into half an hour when my mom face-planted and an ambulance was called to take her to the hospital. She got a gash on the bridge of her nose from her glasses digging in, a cut and bruise on her forehead, she sprained her knee, and pulled a muscle in her arm. She's home now, battered and bruised, but otherwise no worse for wear. She's going to be really hurting today.

I came home and called one of my brother's and my sisters to let them know what happened. One of my sister's called the hospital to get the update on her condition. The paramedics were talking about the possibility of admitting her overnight for observation, but ended up not doing that when all her tests came back okay.

I'll be going back over to her place today for a St. Patrick's Day party with corned beef and cabbage, green beer and green punch provided. I'll probably wait on her, so she won't have a chance to fall again, or make sure she's using her cane for support if she walks anywhere. She lives in an Assisted Living facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment