Sunday, March 19, 2017

Two New Poems!!

I just finished adding to The Trifecta: A Collection of Poetry two new poems.  The first one I'm going to share I started writing on February 17th, and didn't finish until last night.  The second one I wrote on St. Patrick's Day, 2017.  Both are the first poems I have written in almost two years!!!  Here they are:

The Master’s Plan

There is a time for believing,
And a time for receiving
God’s love
Raining down on you from above.

The Master’s plan is not for me to understand.
I know there is safety in the palm of His hands.
The Holy Spirit, He gives as a guide
To all believers worldwide.

Why waste the time I have
With living a life that is drab?
God renews me day by day,
And waits on me to show me the way.

All I have to do is ask,
And in His love I will bask.
I know He wants to bless me more
Than He has ever done in my life before.



A Cross to Bear

There is One person who never gives up
When things get tough.
Jesus is more than enough,
And has also had it rough.

He never wallowed in despair
Too long because he cares
For all who live a life of sin,
And the Father adopts all who believe in Him.

I too have a cross to bear,
But my load I can share
With the One who gave his life,
So I could one day be his wife.

He has been through it all,
And is waiting for my long-distance call
To ask God for His help
When I want to yelp!

The situation is not as bad
When I have my Heavenly Dad
To help me through
Because we are stuck together like glue.

He is worthy of my trust
When I feel like things are bust.
I dwell on the past
While He’s trying to prepare me for a love that lasts.

I keep fighting when I need to give in
Because God is supposed to win.
Faith and trust turns me into us.
God is enough! 

I hope you enjoyed them.  As for other writing, I have new ideas brewing about how I can bulk up The Shepherdess Princess before it is ready to send off to more agents.  I have a couple of months before the next grant application I have to work on comes around, so I think I may have to start filling my time with working on my novel some more.  Stay tuned!

I have been having some health problems lately, so that's been taking up a lot of my time the last couple of weeks,  I still have another week full of appointments to sort some things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment