Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Writing Update...

I've been patiently waiting to hear from the publisher, but I'm not having much success lately.  I just keep thinking that in another couple weeks the two month hurdle will pass, and then I'll only have one more month left to wait.  I keep wondering where the manuscript might be physically.  Is it on someone's desk?  Did the editor take one look at it, and chuck it into the circular file (aka the trash can)?  Is it being passed around from person to person?  It gets nerve-wracking after a while.  I have to reassure myself that I know The Shepherdess Princess is a good story, and is worth the publisher's time.

I also think about how much my life will change if it's accepted.  I don't do that for long though because I don't want to get my hopes up.

Sequels

I couldn't sleep very well one night last week, so I spent time writing in the next two sequels simultaneously.  I woke up from a dream that inspired a scene in Book Two which led me to think of some more I could add to Book Three aka Noble Beginnings.  That was the first time in all of the years I've been writing that I was working on two stories at once.  I was surprised I could differentiate the two novels without going stir crazy.

An Update About Other Stuff

In the last blog post, I shared that my laptop died.  Well, it hasn't crashed completely yet.  I was able to turn it on, and get some things saved and printed up after I let it rest for a whole week.  My laptop was severely overheated when I had thought that it died.

I've used it once more since then, but didn't get a chance to use it to work on my manuscript.  I'm leery about turning it on again because it is over five years old.

Instead, I've continued to use the public computers at the Library to go online.  I haven't used the 2-Hour Microsoft Office only computers lately because I want to make sure I have enough material to use my time wisely when I sign up for it next.

No comments:

Post a Comment