Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Another Update...

I've been wanting to update this blog for the past couple weeks with my newest poetry, but I kept forgetting my USB stick at home.  Well now I have it with me.  Here's the two newest poems I wrote:


Once upon a Halloween
Amid the blood-curdling screams
Emitting from the goblins & ghouls
Going from door-to-door
Trying to score
The yearly sugar-induced coma
Before heading home.

“Trick or treat” they cry
At each house they stop by.
They want more treats than tricks
That’s for sure.

The goblins & ghouls return home
With sacks and buckets full to show
Their friends the next day
How much candy they came away
With, and to gloat
If it was more than their friends got.

The Forgotten One
(Co-wrote by Sara Megan Kay)

Look at the bones
In the coffin entombed
With no visitors
On record.

The forgotten one dwells within
The family mausoleum
With no family and friends alive
To visit him.

The flowers have seen better days.
They were newly left there in the month of May.
Several years have come and gone
As the brick work crumbles one by one.

As for "The Shepherdess Princess"...

I finished editing what I had so far in the manuscript on my computer file.  I still have to rewrite a bit the scene I was stuck on before I continue with the rest of the story.  I'm mainly having a flow problem with the newest scene, but I have an idea for fixing that.  I'm going to be working on that for the rest of the week.

I'm not participating in National Novel Writing Month this year because I'm using the month of November to hopefully finish this novel.

Other News

I have a surprise I want to share with my readers, but I'm going to wait a while to see how things pan out first.  My partner-in-crime already knows some of my news because it pertains to the book we co-wrote together.

Stay tuned...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment