Thursday, November 3, 2011

Creative Train...Temporarily Derailed

I do not want a repeat of last night for the rest of my life.  As I was sitting in my computer chair playing games and surfing the web, I was fine.  As soon as I brought up my manuscript file to work on, I made a wrong move in my chair and my back went out  which resulted in a pinched nerve, and hours of vomiting.  It wasn't a pretty sight.  Normally, I don't take showers really late but I did take several in the wee hours of the morning to try to work the kinks out enough to pop my back into place again.  I woke up my brother and upstairs neighbors in the process of taking showers, one bath, and puking my guts out.  I got an hour and a half total sleep as a reprieve during all the mayhem.  My brother was instrumental in helping me work out the knot, and we made little bits of progress until I relaxed enough for the problem to work itself out.

After my back popped back into place, I was able to sleep some from 8 am-12:30 pm with only one interruption when my brother came home from our weekly weight loss group that I skipped because the chairs would've been too hard on my back, and I didn't want another episode anytime soon.  I've been taking it easy all day sitting in my recliner from the time I woke up with a pillow propped up behind me.  The same pillow I'm sitting on at the moment.

Anyway during one of my short stints away from the bathroom last night, I was able to close my file and shut down my computer because I knew there was no way I was going to get any work done with the pain I was in.

My back is still tender, and will take a couple days to feel completely better.  In the meantime, I'm going to try to add more to my manuscript and hope history doesn't repeat itself anytime soon.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment